The men of our ARMY, NAVY, MARINE CORPS, COAST GUARD and AIR FORCE are giving all of their strength and vitality to defend the freedom and continued existence of this country. Those of us who remain here at home must do our fighting on the "home front." It is our job to see that these men have all the supplies of food, clothing, munitions and necessary equipment needed to wage a successful and victorious war.
You can help win this war by enlisting in the 4-H Victory Program and conducting one or more of the projects recommended by your county farm and home demonstration agents. They will be glad to assist you by furnishing information and guidance in conducting the projects. Some of the most important things you can do are:
- Produce food -- vegetables, poultry, meat and milk.
- Preserve and store food produced -- canning, drying, storing.
- Assume your share of farm and home labor.
- Build up your health, develop good habits.
- Keep farm and home equipment in good repair.
- Protect forest and farm property from fire.
- Buy war stamps and bonds.
- Collect salvage material needed -- scrap metal, rubber, tin, etc.
- Be a good citizen, interested in your community, state and country.
On the other side of this sheet [reproduced below] is a list of 4-H Club projects recommended for your county that will help in winning the war. Go over this list carefully, discuss it with your parents and select the project you can do best; check it in the space provided. Study the jobs listed under the project you have selected and place a check mark by the job on which you will need information or assistance from your county farm or home agent or "Neighborhood" 4-H Leader. In selecting a project you should consider the following:
- What you are most interested in doing.
- What you can do best.
- Resources available, such as land, machinery, housing, pasture, feed, stock, seed, canning and other equipment or supplies that would be needed.
- Available markets.
- Available transportation facilities.
If you do not find a suitable project listed on this sheet, consult your farm or home agent. Information on other projects is available.
TAKE THIS FORM HOME. GET YOUR PARENTS TO HELP YOU SELECT A PROJECT, CHECK IT AS INSTRUCTED ABOVE; THEN SIGN YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS AND RETURN IT TO YOUR TEACHER OR CLUB LEADER.
4-H mobilization for victory: Recommended projects