St. Philip's Moravian church lot
This circa 1866 photograph shows Church Street in Salem, North Carolina. The old African American Moravian log church, built in 1823, can be seen near the center of the image -- it's a small building with two chimneys. The updated brick church, built in 1861, can be seen to the right and behind it, with a white roof and bell tower.
"All rights reserved" is a traditional copyright term that indicates that the copyright holder reserves for his/her/their own use all of the rights given to copyright owners under U.S. copyright law. Items that are included in NCpedia and/or ANCHOR with this rights statement appear by agreement or permission from the rights holder or the institution that holds the item. Click "Available at" to visit the website for the collection where the item appears for more information about the rights or specific uses allowed.