Description: This monument to the confederate soldiers was located on the Warren Court House Square. The monument is a stone obelisk with a plaque on the bottom dedicating it to Confederate soldiers. On top of the obelisk is an older bearded confederate soldier holding a gun.
Front: ERECTED TO THE CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS OF WARREN COUNTY, 1861-1865 / NO BRAVER BLED / FOR BETTER LAND / NOR BETTER LAND / HAD CAUSE SO GRAND / LORD GOD OF HOSTS / BE WITH US YET. / LEST WE FORGET! / LEST WE FORGET! / OUR HEROES
Dedication date: 10/27/1913
Materials & Techniques: Stone and bronze
Sponsor: This monument was constructed by the Warren Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy and Sons of Warren.
Controversies: Following intensification of civil protect around the state and country following the death of George Floyd at the hands of police in Minneapolis in May, 2020, the Warren County Commissioners voted unanimously on June 23, 2020 to remove the monument. It was removed on June 24, 2020 and placed in storage pending further decision.
Landscape: This monument was located in front of the Warren County courthouse on the square.
Subjects: Civil War