The following is transcribed from Alice Duer Miller’s sarcastic column. It emphasized the importance of their movement by illustrating the lack of fairness in the anti-suffrage movement. It was published as a poster by the National Women Suffrage Association.
- Because man's place is the army.
- Because no really manly man wants to settle any question otherwise than by fighting about it.
- Because if men should adopt peaceable methods women will no longer look up to them.
- Because men will lose their charm if they step out of their natural sphere and interest themselves in other matters than feats of arms, uniforms and drums.
- Because men are too emotional to vote. Their conduct at baseball games and political conventions shows this, while their innate tendency to appeal to force renders them peculiarly unfit for the task of government.